Sewage backups both in commercial or residential properties here in Greater Vancouver area can happen due to various reasons.
The blockage might be the result of clogged pipes, root growth right into the sewage pipes, or sewage water backup after heavy rains.
By reaching out to Evolo Restoration, you can rest assured knowing that IICRC certified sewage restoration technicians, advanced equipment, and latest cleaning techniques are at your service. Our professional crew will take on both residential and commercial sewage floods immediately and will not rest until your property is returned to the perfect pre-loss condition.
Here is the list of things you need to do in case of a sewage backup
1. If you have liquid waste/sewage water in your property, the first step is to call a plumber or a restoration professional right away to remediate the black water damage. Handling the contaminated, unsanitary water yourself can put you at risk of serious illnesses. Contact Evolo Restoration at 6048169966 immediately.
2. Shut off the valve for the main water line of your home.
3. Turn off electrical power in the flooded area. If the main circuit breaker is in the basement, be careful. If you cannot safely turn off the power, do not go near electrical devices.
4. Wear protective clothing like a facemask, eyeglasses, gloves, and rubber boots before walking through sewage water.
5. Avoid using the toilets or sinks until the blockage has been removed. If it's a main line clog, the water will back up and then come up through the bathtubs or basement.
6. Evacuate the flooded area as soon as possible. Sewage contaminants are hazardous to pets as well.
Make sure to have an easy access to our contact information for when you need Evolo Restoration to take care of your residential or commercial property after a sewage spill or leakage. We are here to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days of the year